Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Hare's Pace

I've spent the last three evenings working on the last two blocks of Pieceful Kwilters 2011 BOM. Lots of points! Definitely not for a beginner. Block 11 was an instant hit with me when I finished it.


Block 12 didn't thrill me after I finished it.


All that work to get my points and it's a mushy mess...batiks do present challenges. I couldn't live with it. Out came the seam ripper and two new fabrics.


A few hours later...it's all better!


This my February UFO...next...setting triangles for all of these blocks.

Shannon of Pieceful Kwilter fame, has started a new project on her blog called SAL 2012 (Sew Along). She just released the first edition. It's calling to me. I already committed to the Scrappy Plate Club and I'm falling behind on that one so I may just be an observer on the SAL 2012...sigh.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty blocks! I do think that is why I don't do all the challenges out there, so many and I would never keep up with them!
Karen

shannon said...

your blocks are beautiful!! can't wait to see the finished quilt...

Cathy said...

I LOVE your BOM. And I even liked the one that you ripped out. It had some interesting transparency effects in it. But the new version is pretty, too. I've been eying Shannon' quilt along, and it is calling to me as well. But have so far I have shut my ears and resisted. LOL

Sand and Sunshine said...

After all that, your blocks came together really well. I love it when that happens. Setting triangles I see, so these will be on point then? :-D