Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Stitching

I'm joining Kathy's link-up for handwork projects on Sundays, Sunday Stitching #5. First a recap of yesterday's finish, a cross stitch ornament - "Hawaii Santa" - a three-ornament series from Mill Hill that is stitched on perforated paper. I am addicted to these small projects because of their portability. And they are so darn cute!


Next is another addiction...Bucilla felt stocking and ornament kits. I am working on a set of ornaments, "North Pole." I don't know why but it seems to take me forever to make a set of six ornaments. Santa is the first, and I'm close to having him done. I cut out an arm piece ahead of time and now it has disappeared so I will have to wing it! 



This ornament matches the stocking "North Pole," that I finished in 2008....WOW...that was a little while ago.


These kits always make me smile.

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Such cute projects to work on when it's mid summer!
Maybe it makes you feel cooler??!
Thanks for linking up!

Cathy said...

They make me smile too. I was wondering what those ornaments were made of, and now I know.... perforated paper.... interesting.....maybe.....

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love all of your Christmas socks that you make - I can just picture your house so cheerful at the holiday season.
Karen

Kabrina Dawn said...

I just found your blog a few days ago, I stumbled on it when searching for how best to put the back on a felt stocking. Your tutorial gave me the courage to try another stocking kit, I made one before but couldn't figure that part out and gave up. I realized I was making it so much harder then I needed to and have since started one for my daughter. But these kits are like potatoe chips, you can't just have one, I now have a stock pile started LOL even threw in a tree skirt! Thanks so much!