Friday, December 14, 2012

Bucilla Stocking Kit Construction Demo - #1

The first sight we had walking into our apartment building when we got back in town was a Christmas tree in the lobby.


We think there is a Christmas party for our apartment building residents coming up...not sure...the sign is in French...but we plan to show up. 

We are having a stormy day here so I am playing in the sewing room. I am going to document on video the making of a Bucilla stocking kit. Every now and then I get a comment from someone with constructions questions. I'm going to try and be very thorough so even an inexperienced stitcher can tackle one of these kits. I figure the more people I can get interested, the more likely these kits are going to continue to be designed. There are four new stocking designs being released sometime this month so I also need to get cranking on my existing stash so I don't feel so guilty when I buy the new kits.

Today's quick video will cover pressing the felt pieces. I used teflon pressing sheets. I'm not sure where people can get them because I bought mine years ago at the Houston Quilt Show. Does anyone know if they are available at JoAnns...or maybe local quilt shops? 


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful Xmas tree - you need to get a French book for Dummies :) LOL have fun at the party