Sunday, March 31, 2013

Progress Report

Europe has experienced the coldest winter in over 130 years!!!! I feel a bit like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh...I've got a little grey cloud following me.  At one point yesterday it was warmer in Anchorage than Paris...I'm not kidding. The temps, which are hovering in the low 40s, have irked me and as a result I've hunkered down in my little Paris sewing room.


I finished the blanket stitching by machine on five blocks.  Listening to audible books has really made my stitching enjoyable. I finished "Les Meserable," and have started a new collection of French classics by Honore de Balzac. I'm almost through listening to "Le Pere Goriot," in English. I can listen to it in French for free and I'm going to do a little of that too.

Speaking of French...we are advancing to a weekend intensive at a chateau in Normandy next weekend. Only French will be spoken. I don't think I'll be doing much talking.

But first...we leave today for Germany. My husband has a 3-day conference in Frankfurt. We will spend tonight in Mainz. It will be a road trip. I haven't ridden in our car in two months! 

And just in case you are wondering...the French do daylight savings time also and they made the spring leap on Saturday.  I have a hard time making that forward adjustment every year...I was so hoping it didn't happen here...oh well!

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun in Germany - I guess you take the metro or walk everywhere if you haven't been in the car in two months! I heard the UK was extra cold so I guess Paris would be too even though it is slightly south. It will warm up sooner or later!

Cathy said...

Maybe this winter just wanted you to feel more at home in Paris, if you had weather more like that of Alaska. LOL!! But cold weather is always a good excuse for staying inside and stitching. Have fun in Germany, and share some pics, if you get the time.