Sunday, June 9, 2013

Working with My Hands

My hands have been busy and they look like it! I have had some relaxing time at the end of the day to work on my Dresdan plate blocks. I appliqued 8 of the 12 blocks.


I've also started stitching the binding on my Batiki Argyle quilt.


I've discovered some tucks in the backing...they occurred when I turned the quilt to finish the border quilting. I knew there was a problem with getting my quilt lined up properly on the frame and the culprit is...


my leaders and enders on my frame are not consistent in their size...apparently they shrunk on the end that got drenched with the waterfall from the kitchen above last fall. SIGH...

I have ordered new leaders and enders to install on my frame before I quilt anything else. Another delay in my short window of time I have my Alaska studio to quilt.

I have spent a lot of time working out quilt designs...more handwork.


Trying to get some ideas for the next top to go on my frame...Fruit Loops.




And more "handwork" projects...staining...this time the stairway railing.


I haven't seen the babies but I have seen mama moose getting her calories. Lots of time very young calves rest in the brush somewhere while mom fills her belly. 


I'm linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching. 

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Hope you are enjoying some slow stitching while watching mama moose! Love the batiks in both of your projects! Thanks for linking up!

Deb A said...

Great idea to draw the designs over the picture to try them out. Love the moose picture. Sure do hope your L&E's arrive soon for you.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you are getting done with a bit, I have been working on binding too - almost done with mine - love the moose

Suz J said...

Sure looks like you've been keeping busy. Shame about that naughty flood shrinking the leader/ender... it's often the strangest things that catch you out in these situations!