Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Such a Fast Pattern

After just four hours of sewing yesterday I was to this point...all the blocks set into rows!


I definitely had a productive rainy day. While sewing I was listening to the audio book, "The Picture of Dorian Gray," by Oscar Wilde. It is an 8-hour book...four plus hours into it and I am not going to bother to listen to anymore! Too much introspection by Dorian Gray...lots of rambling. I think I will try Victor Hugo's, "Hunchback of Notre Dame." I've been wanting to read it since the setting is Paris' Notre Dame. And I understand, the English translation for the title is misleading since the hunchback is not the leading character of the story.

But lets get back to quilting...
I have already decided on my next project and might start cutting on it...why not? I have a Tidal Pool Layer Cake and I spotted this pattern from an issue of McCalls Quick Quilts that the Breakfast Club ladies passed along to me. It is Café Paris from the June/July 2013 issue. I'm using the same background fabric from the Beachside Bungalow quilt above.



A couple of readers commented yesterday that they didn't know felt could melt. The Bucilla kits use nylon felt so that is the problem. It would be wonderful if the kits had wool felt. Second night of working on this kit.


A little sunshine outside. I must venture out for some vitamin D. Lots of construction noise outside the apartment again today. Some of the holes that were jackhammered open in the sidewalk across the street are now being filled with sand. The sand is being pounded in by some kind of noisy machinery.

4 comments:

Donna quilts said...

Your tidal pool looks great! I love the colors.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilt(s) look lovely. I wonder how many finished tops have you accumulated to bring back to Alaska to quilt?

Cocopatch said...

your quilt is very nice!!!You could make a third one? for me, hihi!!!!

CecileD said...

Don't listen to Coco ...the third quilt will be for me !! LOL !!
Love the white background ...you are going to make an amazing quilting with your Long Arm....Bravo Debbie !! ;)