Saturday, June 25, 2016

Good Progress on Several Projects

I have an acre to potentially landscape. I'm starting close to the house and working my way out. I think this wall of tubs is a great little start.


The view from my deck...


The delivery of 12,000 pounds of local granite rock is the material for my next landscaping project. Most of it will probably go toward finishing off my wall of tubs and starting another bed. Kinley left a couple of dog toys at the bottom of the pile.


I did manage to finish quilting my pillow shams. I am hoping to devote most of tomorrow to the final construction of the shams. Rain is in the forecast so landscaping can wait.


The Jim Shore Evergreen Snowman ornament is finished and joins the Pinecone Snowman.


My biggest news is I am picking up a Maine Coon kitten in two weeks. I have to travel to his current home just outside of  Kansas City, Missouri. 


It was quite a little process to get selected to become this kitten's owner. The breeder released photos of the kittens on her website between 8:30 to 9 a.m., central time, this morning. That meant 5:30 a.m. for me! I had tried to get a kitten from this breeder before but others beat me to it. This time I was prepared. I had my email requesting a particular kitten written days in advance. (I don't function well early in the morning!) The instant the breeder posted the kitten pictures, I hit the send button on my email draft. A few minutes later, I got the call. I had to immediately send my deposit in via paypal. My last cat lived a healthy life to the age of 15 so hopefully we will have this guy for a long time and all this work to get him will be worth it!

Oh...of course I have a bear picture. This was taken on Tuesday or Wednesday morning. I ran into him closer to the house when I went outside to water my flowers. He was about 100 feet away from me. I hustled Kinley inside and ran up to my bathroom on the second floor to watch the bear.


There is a stack of logs beside the driveway that two owls have been hanging out on while they eat rabbits. My husband took Kinley out for a walk the other morning and she ran up to him with a rabbit head hanging out of her mouth. Yuck!

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow you were pretty close to that bear weren't you! such a pretty cat long way to go get it!

CecileD said...

Poor rabbit .... the kitten is sooo cute but you have to go to Kansas city !
Wow...
Your tub garden is very original and i love your setting ! What a work....
I wish you a lovely week and be careful to the bears ! It's summer and they are hungry !! ;)
Xoxo

Donna quilts said...

What an adorable kitten! I am a cat lover so....love the pic! Your landscaping tubs are a great idea for a slope.