Tuesday, May 1, 2018

April Recap

Last Thursday was Breakfast Club. We worked with the ruler, "Hex and More," to make jewel shapes and little triangles. The class sample is on the left in purples. My version on the right. The block finishes at 20" x 23." The pattern is Sweetheart Table Topper, free and available at this link from Jaybird Quilts.


I had time in class to make two blocks since I had everything cut out the night before.
So nice when that happens. 


I was pretty remiss at getting photos of show and tell. There were only a few items but I did get the a photo of one called, "Sea Glass," designed by Talk of the Town.


It only took me one day to quilt my little 32" quilt made from the scraps of a larger quilt.
 Nothing fancy but it is done! I had so much fun playing with my scraps and piecing this. 
I plan to hang it in my sewing room


I have been getting back to my Bucilla kit projects. I finished a little airplane ornament.
It came with the Airplane Santa kit.


I waited for many years for a pilot Santa theme stocking from Bucilla. 
It was a quick and easy kit except for working around the cardboard that is placed in the plane body, wing and propeller.


We had a big windstorm last week. Lots of power surges and now the garbage disposal and cooktop downdraft are cranky and don't want to work.  Hoping hubby can fix them when he gets home. In the meantime...the wind uncovered some new trash for McKinley to play with on our walk.


She was kind enough to carry the rigid piece of black plastic all the way home. 
Logan wasn't too interested in it but he did take time to strike a pose for a photo. 


I have a quilt retreat coming up this weekend. I am going to work on kits from my Row by Row collection. A new summer of Row by Row designs is approaching. I need to ease my conscience so I feel good about buying more kits. 

2 comments:

Sally said...

Golly those hexies are pretty...I had started a project using English Paper Piecing but I just don't think it's going to be my cup of tea...teehee. It is beautiful but takes far too long to show progress. I'll stick to regular machine piecing.

I am gearing up for the Row by Row this year...the theme is Music and I've seen a couple of the rows so far...really pretty. Let me know if you need something from my area.

Suz J said...

Once again blown away by your skill in creating those Bucilla kits. The plane/stocking are executed so well (and so appropriate for your family) - they should get you to make up samples!