Monday, August 13, 2018

I'm Working On It

Almost time for the state fair so I spent a few days last week blocking three quilts and making sure all the dog and cat hair was removed. My quilt, "Radiant Zinnias," has definitely been my favorite quilt I've made in the past year.  Hope she does well at the fair.


I used the insulation boards that are my design wall to get the blocking done. I laid two boards on my cutting table and pinned the quilt in place after spraying it with water on both sides. 

We have rain in the forecast for much of this week and boy do I need to spend some time attending to "inside chores." Big on my list is to update my blog banner. I'm taking part in a Blog Hop for all of September so I really need to address some issues!



I hope to get some sewing done but am not doing any quilting until I get some new tops sewn for myself. I have such pretty cuts of rayon batiks. They shouldn't "age" like most of my quilt fabrics. I need to make some muslin mock ups first...not fun but I already wasted one cut of fabric on a pattern that didn't work. 

Just a quick update. Need to get back to work.

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Good luck at the fair! I look forward to seeing some beautiful quilts things when you get to them.

Suz J said...

Interesting how you blocked your quilt - I've never bothered to do this myself, but I think it reflects the density of quilting achieved. It is an amazing quilt!

audrey said...

Good luck to you! I saw one of these at the quilt show I went to today and it was so bright and vibrant. Really a well done pattern. I'm sure yours looks just as lovely!