Monday, October 21, 2019

October Quilt Retreat

I am a winner.
At the Material Girls retreat I won the door prize, Aurora Nights quilt kit.

All the fabrics are gorgeous gradations. I am thinking I will cut this out and have it on hand to start working on since it looks like it will be a simple quilt as the fabrics do the work of creating a unique design.


I started off the retreat by getting the binding done on a Halloween wall hanging.


I brought the Baby Honu UFO and got all the blocks sewn together and the borders added.


This quilt is going to be a challenge to quilt with heads, tails and feet that are not attached to the top.


I also got half of the blocks sewn for a blue and white version of a quilt pattern I made last year from the Moda Bakeshop, Sky Full of Stars. 


My favorite part of any quilt gathering is show and tell. I got to share my Sparklers quilt. 


As I started to unpack when I got home, Eli claimed a spot in the middle of my mess. I don't even think it was a comfortable place. I guess he missed me.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice win!! pretty colors. All of your projects are so nice looking and kitty is a beauty

Mary said...

Looks like you accomplished quite a bit on the retreat. Your projects look really nice. I definitely think Eli missed you.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Super progress!! I was at a quilt retreat this past weekend too. I am always amazed at how much I get done in spite of all the chatting.

Donna quilts said...

How fun to win the kit. I see some amazing quilting on it in the future! Eli looks like he doesn't want you to leave again!

Sally said...

Oh I love the colors of the quilt kit! Can't wait to see it when it's done. Eli looks amazing....I love seeing his picture!

Ramona said...

I’m looking forward to seeing the progress on your prize. The fabrics are gorgeous! You accomplished a lot at your retreat. Every project is beautiful, but I love the turtles. And how cute that the heads and legs are not stitched down.