Friday, June 11, 2021

Summer 2021 Underway

We had some visitors. I love it when the critters cooperate for photo ops.

This moose cow had her two-day old calves stroll through my yard. Because of photos from a neighbor's trail cam we were able to nail down when these calves were born. 


And...my other neighbor's horses came to visit...again.

Here's an official "before," photo of this summer's landscaping project. 

So...not much quilting planned but that hasn't stopped me from buying fabric.

I am spending a little time most mornings trying to tackle stitching parts of a fancy tote bag.


Evenings are devoted to handwork. I finished the stocking fronts of two Bucilla kits. The one on the left is the original design from 2008, "Snow Queen." An update to the style was released in 2020, "Winter Magic." I liked the update best. And there were two faces printed on felt so you could "practice." I only needed the one face but it sure was nice to have that backup face just in case.


Gotta run...the sunshine is calling me.

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

not much quilting never means to stop buying fabric :) Love the moose how cool to see - what landscaping are you planning to do this year for your short summer?

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those baby moose are just adorable! Your stockings are beautiful.

Sally said...

I just love the slight changes from the 2008 Snow Queen to the later Winter Magic - subtle but lovely. I have Winter Magic and Snow Queen in one of my Unicorns. Having two faces - just in case - is a good thing!

Barb said...

I enjoy your wildlife pictures mingled among your quilting. As to the neighbors horses, my girls when young had a pony. That pony always thought the grass was always greener on neighbors property. He would take advantage or every little lapse in the girls getting him from paddock to barn. He was mischievous, but a shake of a bucket of oats always brought hime hurrying home. Fun memories from25 years ago!

Suz J said...

Those baby moose are too cute! Bags are always time consuming and a good idea to tackle one step at a time. The two versions of stocking are different enough that they don't look the same, which I think is a good thing.

Ankit Ron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emma Watson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.