Monday, September 17, 2012

Design Wall Monday

(Heavy Sigh)
New construction has it's problems. Little hiccups. The electrical breaker for the outlets in my studio keeps tripping when I try to sew on my machine. We had this problem with another set of outlets and that breaker got replaced...problem solved. I think I need to run an extension cord from another room for now. Too early to call and find out when it can be repaired.

I was totally energized to work on the borders of my wildlife quilt when the power outages stopped me. This quilt is a kit and I don't have enough of the border fabric to just do traditional borders. (I made the quilt larger than the kit's dimensions.) I am determined not to buy anymore fabric for the boarder. So my solution is to extend a block that borders a panel block into the border. This photo will give you the idea.


Sew many pretty batiks have been released lately. I am trying to satisfy myself with adorable charm packs. Love these new "Over the Rainbow," batiks from Moda.


Last week the railings on our second floor landing were installed! I still have to stain them and poly coat...who knows how long that will take me.


Construction starts on closet shelves today. 

I got a little side tracked. Join Judy at Patchwork Times to see great design walls with projects in progress.


4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

bet you are glad to have the railings up, that would have been a little unsettling to me if I got up in the middle of the night :)
love the batiks!

Suz J said...

I love the challenge of not having enough fabric - how far can the brain stretch! Although having had a sneak peak of your stash, I imagine there is plenty of fabric that will fill the gaps. And I've been falling in love with charm packs too... great way to get a whole heap of fabric variety without filling up those stash shelves.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Oh what lovely charms, and you're certainly being true to your effort to quilt small by selecting those to boot. What a mess with the electrical. Good luck on everything.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Hope you power problems go away. Your quilt is beautiful!!