Tuesday, September 25, 2012

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

My fortune cookie from last night said, "You will travel far and wide for both pleasure and work." DUH! Tell me something I don't know!

Before I can get on a plane to go anywhere there are a few chores. The wood floor has to come up in the sewing room. The diagnosis...improper installation...our bad. 


Doesn't look good. In order to use the boards again the glue would have to be removed...easiest would be to shave off or plane the back side. I don't see that ever happening in my schedule. I think it would be best to get the floor cleaned up down to bare concrete and put carpet down next summer. Done. Time left for quilting!!!!

It wasn't all bad today. The heads are hung.


The bear rug is also up...my handy man did this while I was at Jazzercise this morning.


Lots of other wildlife metal sculptures got hung also...no quilts. I do have one huge wall in our bedroom reserved for a quilt...no dead animals are allowed in my studio or the bedroom...only cute Bernese Mountain Dogs that are very much alive. 

Tomorrow I get my hair done...thank goodness...I could use a visit to my favorite psychiatrist.  

Speaking of mental health...

I did check on the Houston quilt show dates...you know...there really is a chance I can work this in as part of my trek to France. Houston is "on the way," to Paris when you look at a world map. The quilt show is November 1-4. An extra suitcase would definitely need to be purchased in Houston because I need a lot of fabric therapy. I've got family and friends I can hit up for a place to stay! Can you feel my giddiness?

5 comments:

Linda in TX said...

Beautiful heads. Looks like that wall and fireplace was designed specifically to showcase them. Like the skin as well - looks great there.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

too bad about the floor - been there and done that - we do most work on the house ourselves and numerous times did something wrong and had to re-do the correct way. Live and learn. I love the heads by the fireplace and the bear rug although I do not hunt and neither does hubby. Going to Houston is on my list to do one day but no way I'm I ever going to drive in that city - been there and I thought it horrible - I would be taking a taxi from the airport to nearest hotel to the show and walk :) Have fun if you go!

Cathy said...

I definitely think you should go to Houston!! Just about anything would be on the way To Paris from where you are. And a suitcase full of fabric will give you lots of stuff to play with once you get there, for the days when you don't feel like sight seeing.

Sand and Sunshine said...

A quilt show, what fun! It will certainly be a good salve over the issues with your wood floor. Will you save the wood for another day?

kellsgal said...

Dear Debbie, So sorry about our floor. What a challenge. I am so, so happy you have found someone to help with the finishing.. too, too much for you to try to do by yourself. You are a real trooper. I am thinking about trying to make it to the Houston quilt show too. It is not as far from Arkansas as it is from Alaska or France :). Hopefully we can catch up, maybe have lunch. I sure miss Breakfast Club and all of our friends. I read your blog all the time. I just don't comment very much. Love and hugs. Melody