Friday, April 11, 2014

First Week Home

I've been creating...but not in the quilting world. I have two shelf units I am staining.




I also stained three large planters that will go outside on the front of my house. I still need to add slate tiles in the mesh area.


This is as close as I have gotten to quilting...opening the boxes of fabric I ordered while in Paris.


And a block from McKenna Ryan's, "Dog Park." I ordered it from Batiks Plus...one of my favorite internet quilt shops. The kit came in a nice box.


Batiks Plus always uses the exact fabrics the designer has specified and everything is meticulously labeled.


Then there are all those appointments I have to do...check ups with doctors and most importantly...getting my hair done. 

And the other time-consumer is cooking. I have made dinner for my sons at least half of the nights that I have been home. One of these days I am going to make it to my studio.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is a very busy time getting settled in back at home isn't it. And nice seeing your boys I bet!
love the fabric that you show and I to love it when the fabric for a kit comes detailed marked for what to use where.

Donna quilts said...

I'm sure you're glad to be back and find that all is well in your home. It takes a while to get unpacked and settled in, but it sounds like you've been pretty busy. That dog park kit is going to be beautiful!