Friday, November 28, 2014

Turkey Day = Quilting Day

A belated Happy Thanksgiving. No turkey for us in Paris. We will have to do that another day when we can be with our sons in Alaska. We are just like many folks, holidays are celebrated when we can be with our loved ones...sometimes just a day or two later...sometimes months later.

If I can't be with my kiddos...then quilting is the next best thing.  Added the borders to my "Paris Flower Shop," quilt. I think I already said this a few times...but I love this quilt!


I have a tropical version drafted but am waiting for fabric to come with my son, Zack, when he arrives for a visit over the Christmas holidays.

Saw the start of Bonnie Hunter's mystery...love her inspiration and colors this year!!! I don't have scraps in my Paris sewing room but I have some yardage in those colors on hand...and the ruler she is highlighting. What a dilemma...so many other quilts to start...Bonnie's quilt designs are always so beautiful...

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

It turned out so pretty!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Bonnie's quilts are great but you know I have never made one! I don't know why-I think I just need to look one over and select some fabric for it - I never have enough scraps in all the colors that you need - I have small amounts of colors not the large amounts that she uses.

Donna quilts said...

Your Paris flower quilt is beautiful! I'll have to check out Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt. I always wonder what to do with all my scraps.

Michelle said...

Those borders are great!

Suz J said...

You have been busy Debbie - it's looking great. I have looked over Bonnie's mystery quilt too, but as I only like some of her patterns, would struggle to do the mystery side of it - I just like to know what it's going to look like! Not enough hours in the day to make something that I don't LOVE!