Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Austin to Atlanta

Name that state capital.


Austin, Texas. 

We were in Austin for our niece's wedding.
It's good to  get dressed up every once in a while.


One of our son's made it to the wedding with us but he kept running off  with his cousins so I didn't get a picture of him dressed up. I'm hoping the wedding photographers did.

So now I am in Atlanta for a week...visiting my best friend. Today I went to two quilt shops and added to my stash. Both shops are in Marietta, 15 minutes from my friend's house. I don't think I've been to them before...at least not in their current locations.

First was Red Hen Fabrics. A huge space. They are an Innova Longarm dealer so a large room was set up with longarm machines. A large variety of fabric types for quilting. They have several towers of dishes and cups throughout the shop...kind of their little signature decor item.


Huge book racks...


Huge wall of patterns...


This dragon is made completely with thread stitching. 


One small section of this store.


There were some batiks. I bought the pattern for this quilt, Braidwork by Cozy Quilt Designs.


Had to get a picture of some runners made using the Quick Curve Ruler. I really need to try out the ruler...especially since I have one.


Then I went to Little Quilts.


This shop is a small house with little rooms full of fun stuff. I think they have just about everything in this little place. Right by the front door...wool appliqué.


Lots of traditional prints for little bitty quilts.


They had adorable small quilts of Santas, Mrs. Claus, Pilgrims...


These quilts were adorable...but I already said that. They were in a very small space...so difficult to get photos. The patterns were "Applique Patterns by Anne." I googled it and can't find them. They are not on the shop's website. I'm sure I could email them if I ever really wanted to buy them. 


A Kaffe Fassett section...


that crossed to a modern design section. I bought this heart strip quilt pattern. Heartstrings by Black Mountain Needleworks.


And finally...batiks! A small, but fabulous selection of new batiks. For the first time I got to see the Jinny Beyer batiks...and of course I love them.


There was just no time to explore quilt shops in Austin because we were having too much fun seeing all of our family in Texas. Great BBQ and Mexican food was eaten. Yum! I have a constant sore throat from talking and laughing so much since I've been stateside. 

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

continue to have fun on your trip back to the states - it looks like you saw some great quilt shops and I bet you bought a little bit!

CecileD said...

Thank you for sharing Debbie !!
What amazing stores...huuugh !!
Enjoy your family time ! :)))
Hugs !

Linda said...

Lovely photos and gorgeous quilts.

Donna quilts said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing the pics of the shops - they're always inspiring. Enjoy your trip!