Friday, February 20, 2015

Intown Quilters Shop Visit

This is one of the brightest quilt shops I have ever seen. Walk through these doors on a day you are feeling blue and I think you can't help but come out smiling.

This curvy quilt was made with the curved template at the bottom of this photo...major cute but I already have the "Curve It Up," ruler. The blue quilt on the right is a shop original.


Another shop original quilt...designed by Taffy McLaughlin...only available when purchasing the 48, 10-inch squares needed to make the patchwork blocks. Got it!


Another shop original design, Dry Heat. I also bought the kit for this!


So much batiky eye candy...I was in heaven.


Of course...a shop with so much bright color would have Kaffe Fassett fabrics and similar prints.




I showed a tiny bit of restraint and didn't buy this kit...Ripple Effect.


One last photo... a bit blurry.


There were lots of modern prints...sorry no photos. 
Wonderfully fun shop!

Here are my purchases.


The shop was featured in a 2009 Issue of Quilt Sampler...their shop quilt is on the cover. And a little odd find...peppermint candy buttons. I can't tell you how long I looked for some of these in this size for a Christmas stocking project many years ago...finally got them!


This shop is officially in Decatur but for a non-local...feels like it is just part of the Atlanta sprawl.

4 comments:

CecileD said...

Hey Debbie !!
I understand when you wrote you're in heaven !! hihi !! The first quilt has an indian style with curves, don't you think ?
You've done great purchases ....yeahhhh !!!
xoxo

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Atlanta does spread out forever doesn't it, I think the quilt shop I went to once when I visited the area was in the Stone Mountain area I remember hiking there-- great purchases

Donna quilts said...

I hope you had a spare suitcase for all that lovely fabric and the additional treasures!! Those blue batiks are gorgeous!

Lynette said...

That does look like a terrific shop. I'm loving that curves template - looks like it has several different depths of curve.