Wednesday, December 26, 2018

2018 Year in Review

Here we go! Projects finished in 2018.

I completed the quilting on six quilts.

Sky Full of Christmas Stars, the mystery design from Breakfast Club, 2017. The pattern was a Moda Bake Shop quilt designed by Kristina Brinkerhoff from Center Street Quilts. I added a"border" to finished the star shapes around the outside. Finished size, 69 x 83-inches.


Scrappy Christmas Star from 2018. A pattern of my own design using scraps from the Christmas Stars quilt.  About 39-inches square.


Faux Hawaiian Applique, 63 x 75-inches. This quilt design started from a challenge in the Material Girls group to create a quilt using a panel. I had a set of printed Hawaiian applique panels just screaming to be part of the challenge. 


And because I loved the scraps so much I had to make a mini quilt, Scrappy Hawaiian, 30-inches square.


I got two tops quilted that had been patiently waiting their turn. The Breakfast Club mystery from 2016 and Bright Blooms, another Breakfast Club project.


There were a few quilt tops added to the "needs to be quilted" pile of projects. 

I made a great dent in my Sandra Cozzolino cross stitch Santa ornaments. 

Vintage Sets






2016 Caribbean Santas


2017  National Parks Santas


Bucilla Kits

Airplane Santa


Nordic Snowman


Santa Paws and companion ornament kit.


Christmas Kitties and companion ornament kit.


Jungle Bells ornament kit.


Ugly Christmas Sweaters ornament kit.


And a new category for me, Clothing.

Here is my adorable grand niece in a smocked dress I made her.


Two batik rayon tops.


And one final sewing related project, a set of Merry and Chris Moose. 


What I didn't include were my extensive landscaping projects. I am already starting to think about 2019 landscaping projects along with the quilting, cross stitching, Bucilla kits and clothing. 

4 comments:

Sally said...

Oh, my gosh, you were so busy. I love the quilts and stockings you are able to start and finish. You ispire me to work on my own projects! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wonderful quilts - I sure need to start putting an end of the year post together too - I'm not sure what I made I have lost track - need to get out the notepad and figure it out.

Donna quilts said...

What a wonderful assortment of projects you accomplished. Your quilts were beautiful and I just love those moose!

Suz J said...

Wow... you have accomplished a lot this year! All great projects, and the Xmas stockings and ornaments are amazing! I have started posting on a tablet also, and typing like the kids do with my thumbs takes quite a bit of time and correction! Although the photo side of things is much quicker and easier to manage... so maybe progress!