Saturday, April 11, 2020

And Now for Something Completely Different

Actual...good old-fashioned hand quilting.


One goal I set for myself when the mayor set up the quarantine in the municipality of Anchorage...
with no end date in sight...


was to get some hand quilting done.


This stocking went pretty quick. Three evenings.


I even got a lot of work done on a second project with much more hand quilting.

I got all the blocks quilted on this red work wall hanging.
 I think I had 5 star blocks to finish at the onset of the quarantine.


Still need to quilt the border. I’m going to do some simple diagonal lines. 
Pretty confident I'm getting this one done soon!

9 comments:

Suz J said...

I really do like the secondary design in your Stitchery quilt... and WOOHOO... hand quilting!! Your wee motorbike stocking is just darling 💙💙

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great job! this is a great time to learn hand quilting I think and it looks great

Donna quilts said...

Your redwork quilt is beautiful! What a treasure to have for the holiday season.

Ramona said...

Great job on your hand quilting! This time of isolation has given us opportunities to do things that we've put off for some time.... when not making masks. Be safe and be well.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your stocking is beautiful! Love the pattern, and the hand quilting. Pretty red quilt too.

Sally said...

Oh, that redwork one is really coming along nicely. I've not been fond of redwork or blackwork....I think it reminds me of sitting in my grandmother's house and trying to learn hand-embroidery and getting flustered because my stitches weren't as beautiful as my grandmother made. But your wall hanging is just beautiful. And your hand-quilting is wonderful.

Mary said...

I love your red work quilt. I have been finishing up some projects too during this quarantine time. Keeps my mind busy.

Unknown said...

Love that stocking.....Great job!

Audrey said...

Beautiful. I love your layout. The stars and secondary design are so fitting. A job well done.