Monday, October 31, 2022

Retreat Mystery Block Turned into Quilts

 I decided to do a posting strictly about the quilt reveals from my retreat group’s mystery block we made last May. We were supposed to come up with a setting for the blocks by our October retreat.

I love when we get a project and each make it our own.

Some ladies completely finished their quilt so I will start with their quilts.

This is Mindy’s and she appliqued two little offset circles in the middle of the stars to give them a spinning look. (Indoor Autumn photos in Alaska just aren’t as vibrant as the real thing!)


Kaye had a focus fabric for the center of the stars. Her quilt had a luscious minky backing making this quilt very snuggly. It is for her grandson.


Kathy added colorful wonky stars in her setting.


Joyce took the cornerstones in her sashing and made them mini snowball blocks to mimic the centers of the stars.


Now for the ladies who got their tops completed but still need to quilt them.

Dawn noticed her star blocks did not all finish to 12 1/2-inches (I had the same issue…as did others).
Her setting solution was to offset her columns of stars. She also did snowball blocks in the border corners to mimic the snowball-looking centers of the stars.


Sandy is known in our group for endless supply of scraps...and she makes a lot of beautiful scrappy quilts. This is another great scrappy look from Sandy's stash.


I'll go last...as I have already shared how I set my blocks on a previous blog post. 


I haven't mentioned the name of this mystery as I hate to ruin it for someone else who might get to do this one. I also have no idea what the final layout in the original mystery is because the gal in our group who led us, only picked the main block for us to make. 
 
We had four ladies who did not get their blocks into a setting. Hopefully they will be inspired to get theirs done by our next retreat in February.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

isn't it wonderful so many different settings one can come up with - really love your version

Mary said...

I love seeing all the different layouts for the same block. Very creative.

Sally said...

Oh, Debbie! What a wonderful treasure trove of talent in that group! Every single one of those finishes are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Ahitra said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Lymes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My husband suffered from Lymes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and I saw testimony of so many people who were cured from Lymes , and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Lymes. I never imagined Lymes had a cure not until I contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Lymes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua can cure Herpes,Hiv,Cancer,ALS,Copd,HPV,Lupus,MS,Diabetes, and other disease talk to Dr Itua on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony . https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/