Wednesday, November 9, 2022

New Projects

 I had a great start to November, I finished the Pineapple Cocktail quilt top.


I also finished Zack's stocking that will be hanging in his mother-in-law's house.


It has a sweet lining of fabric with snowflakes.


And I'm well on my way to finishing Kate's stocking.


I finished the last set of Jim Shore Santa cross stitch ornaments in my stash, from 2020.


Perhaps my biggest accomplishment was finally making the blouse in this pattern that I have held onto since the late 1980s. If you are a clothing stitcher...you probably already know that Vogue patterns are known for being the most challenging. Then...pick up a "designer," one and now you're doubling down on difficult!
 

I was drawn to the neckline on this blouse...and I could never bring myself to discard this pattern when cleaning up my stash. 


I made it...30-something years later! 


It was a little on the baggie side and since I prefer not to tuck it in...I added ties to cinch in the back a little. The ties are removeable...they button onto the sides of the blouse. 


Not surprising...I used a batik rayon fabric to make this top. 

I'm giving myself a big gold star! 

Holiday decorating season is approaching!!!
 
You know I will be taking my decorating very seriously! 

I want to mention that sometimes  I get questions related to Bucilla kits on some of my blog posts...sometimes posts from years ago if I showed a particular kit that someone might have done a google search about. Often...these folks are "noreply" commenters since that is the default setting for leaving comments.  It always frustrates me because I cannot get an answer to these folks. I have a public Facebook page and Instagram page, also called, "And Sew Forth." Either one is a great place to get a quick answer from me...or those who follow me and have an answer.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Your blouse turned out so pretty. I rarely sew clothes for myself and also have a stash of patterns that I have been saving. Love the Vogue patterns but I am not quite there yet.
Your Christmas stockings are moving along. I am looking forward to seeing your home decorated for Christmas. You always have a very festive home.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you always decorate so pretty it must take you forever to do so! the blouse is pretty - I do not make clothes they never turn out for me.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Pineapple Cocktails is so awesome!!!
and your new blouse is beautiful - love the idea of ties!

Sally said...

The blouse is so pretty. I've never been much of a sewist - quilts are my thing. But I can appreciate the talent it takes to make a blouse or dress. You are a master!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Cute blouse! Love your creative addition to cinch it in a bit. Your stockings are fabulous.

Bonnie said...

Oh that blouse…love the color and the design. It’s been years since I successfully made a vogue designer pattern. Kudos for you on a great job.

Ahitra said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Lymes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My husband suffered from Lymes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and I saw testimony of so many people who were cured from Lymes , and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Lymes. I never imagined Lymes had a cure not until I contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Lymes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua can cure Herpes,Hiv,Cancer,ALS,Copd,HPV,Lupus,MS,Diabetes, and other disease talk to Dr Itua on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony . https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/