Monday, April 11, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I'm still struggling with tension issues quilting my March UFO. I'm starting to wonder if it is the thread...probably more likely user error.



 Thank goodness I have the setting of the Layer Cake Quilt Along to divert my attention.


Just one more piano keys border to add. I bought a set of Tonga Treat 2 1/2 strips to compliment my layer cake and used them to get me through the end...I never would have made the flower block without the extra fabric the strips gave me. I  have no idea when or where I bought the brown Bali  batik I found in my stash for the sashing. When I have pieces in my stash of two or more yards I figure I got them on sale. This piece was at least three yards but full of flaws in the fabric. I am so amazed at how much I enjoyed this project!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

And it looks so good too. I used to buy 1/2 yard pieces with a few bigger ones thrown in. Now I am running out of stuff to use for backings and have started buying bigger pieces. Your batik piece is wonderful. I like the border even though I know it is a lot of work.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

It looks beautiful! I love the icy colors!

glen and the Swissys in Louisiana

Chris said...

I LOVE!!! your quilt. The piano keys are fabulous.

Barb in Mi said...

The colors of your LCQA are beautiful! Love the piano key border! Hope your m/c tension issues have gone away...

Dresden Quilter said...

I love how you put together your layer cake quilt along. It is beautiful.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's fabulous! I think it's the only finished one I've seen...love your colours!