Sunday, September 11, 2011

BOM Progress

I have challenged myself again to work on BOMs that have been sitting around the sewing studio for a while. 


First up is Block 3 of a series called Shivery Snowmen from Sue Garman. I will finish the face with beads and a polymer clay carrot button after it is quilted.


Here are the first three months together. 


Next up...a Moda U BOM that involved hand applique. This block just needs berries and flower centers added...17 circles.


Despite having finished nine blocks there are five more left plus patchwork blocks. Quite a diversion from my usual stuff.

But these BOMs do get finished...though it may take years instead of months!


This was a Moda U BOM from 2006-2007. The top was finished in 2007 but it had to wait for quilting. 


The backside is so pretty. I am so mad at myself for not remembering to take an outside photo today...it was so gorgeous. Maybe I'll get another chance tomorrow.

5 comments:

Lynette said...

I just love all 3 projects. Did you do that quilting yourself? it's GORGEOUS! Good to have you at BOMs Away. :D

Rabid Quilter from California said...

You inspire me to work on my own UFO BOMs! Love the snowmen and your color palette is great! I've recently gotten into applique and hope you find it as relaxing as I do. Happy quilting!

Angie in SoCal said...

All your projects are wonderful! I especially like the applique blocks. PS: I clicked on the back of that quilt and was able to see the fantastic quilting on that quilt. Amazing.

marcella said...

Love the way you set the 2006-07 blocks. Really nice looking. I still have that top to quilt. The applique one is turning out nicely too. There are just so many blocks in that years BOM! I feel like they will never be finished! Good for you for sticking with it and making progress.

Kate said...

I love the setting and the quilting on the older BOM! Very pretty.