Thursday, September 15, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up

I was feeling like I hadn't gotten much accomplished this week in the studio when I realized I had neglected to share my version of Kim Brackett's "Snail Takes a Detour." 

It took me a couple of days to quilt this beauty.

I did some interlocking leaves for the inner borders with the teeth.

I did freehand "J" the light areas.

The dark areas weren't as "neat" but they work. Hopefully I will get the binding on this weekend.

I also finished a block from a lingering BOM project. This is from a Moda U series. These patterns lack details for layout. The applique pieces are provided with a small drawing of the actual layout. I'm much too close to the seam allowances everywhere on this block. I will probably just sew an additional inch of the background fabric around all sides but if you have this in your stash of projects too...beware. Still, I have made progress.

1 comment:

Kathy Schwartz said...

Your 'Snail Takes a Detour' quilt turned out great! Love those batik fabrics and your quilting designs.
I have been enjoying reading about your rafting adventures too.