Saturday, January 11, 2014

Lone Star Progress

This has been a fun kit! I will definitely make some more Lone Star quilts. The "Woodland Star," pattern calls for some leaves appliqued on the background areas but I'm leaving those off for some great quilting designs in the future.

 

My black fabric won't arrive in Alaska in time for my husband to bring it back with him. Now I have to decide if I will ship it by Fed Ex or wait for my son to bring it in mid-February. Don't feel too sorry for me...I do have a small stash of batik fabrics so I could start a new project as soon as I come up with a pattern!

5 comments:

Christelle said...

Ok you were more effective than me.... picture to follow tomorow.
What size is your quilt? Are you going to do the applique?

Lynette said...

Your star looks great! Look at all that quilting potential - I can understand choosing to leave off the leaves. I vote for exercising patience and letting your son bring the black fabric out in a month, but make sure you spend what would have been the Fed Ex money on a fun outing!

Anonymous said...

So cute...! Congratulations :)

Donna quilts said...

Just catching up on my blog reading...sounds like you had an eventful day shopping. Do you suppose the shop owners don't want photos taken because of the "couture" mannequins - someone might steal the designs??? I love the Eiffel Tower scissors. And your lone star is stunning!

Cocopatch said...

i love it! I made one lone star for my son but it's not finsished...give me inspiration!!!