Monday, February 21, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I spent too much time bonding last week with these...


But what would I do without them? Not much to post when that happens so I'm hoping this Monday starts a new week of more accomplishments. 


Finished the quilting on my Hawaii batik quilt. Here's my template I used to trace with a chalk pencil. The template I made was too big... I had to drop the bottom set of leaves but I'm keeping it for a future project. I'll reveal the full quilt design when it's time to share completed UFOs because I'm getting this one done!

So...what's on the design wall?


The start of my IditaQuilt


Here's my theme fabric! I am sew excited about this quilt. The Iditarod starts March 5th and the last musher should be to Nome a couple of weeks later. My goal is to completely finish my quilt by then. I might even share some Iditarod trivia along the way. I definitely have to pick a musher to follow. 



8 comments:

Karen S said...

I love this fabric you're using! The star blocks are pretty cool too.

Tizzie said...

Always love to see what you are working on!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I am taking my first cruise to Alaska in July. Can you recommend any good quilt shops for me to find on the stops?

steeledome@gmail.com

Thanks!

Kate said...

Your Iditarod quilt is going to be gorgeous. Love the fabric choices and your first few blocks.

Marti said...

Uh oh, I see the ripper. I love the block for your IditaQuilt.

Marian said...

I LOVE the fabric, and I can't wait to see what you do with it. Doesn't look like I will have to wait long!

Barb in Mi said...

Great idea of an Idita quilt - love the fabric!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great fabric - did you make it?