Friday, February 25, 2011

Show And Tell...

IS the best part of getting together with quilting friends. There were only eight of us but lots to see. Several of the ladies brought their projects from last month since I was gone...so glad they did! 

 

Here's Cathy...She had sew much to share! A stack and wack beauty on hand for gifting.


This is the back...Cathy is what I call a two-fer-one quilter as her backs are quite often as lovely as her front.


This is the back of Cathy's next quilt...see what I mean.


And the front of Rosie the Quilter.


And this colorful quilt was a guild mystery from some time ago that Cathy finished.
But wait...one more from Cathy...


This is the pattern Christmas Ribbons from Kim Brackett's book, Scrap-Basket Surprises. The Christmas colors didn't call to me when the group took this one on but I am rethinking it after seeing Cathy's version.


Next up is Melody's baby quilt...with a story. Melody brought a stack if Yellow Brick Road blocks last month that were done in brights. When she put them up on the design wall she wasn't happy. Her fix was to cut up the blocks and sash them. I love a happy ending!


My special name for Melody is the bag lady...and I mean that in the nicest way. Melody is a machine embroiderer and she has made many gorgeous bags embellished with embroidery. This is the bag she made to bring her show and tell to class. I really need one of these!


Barbara brought in her applique sampler. Sew Springy.


Then we have Erin who usually works in country colors. She had two quilts this time that were way out of her usual colorway. This is also from Scrap-Basket Quilts, Bali Sea Stars. A very lucky niece is getting this one.


This is  Erin's version of January's project, McGuffey from Carrie Nelson's Schnibbles Times Two. This beauty will also be a gift for a newly married couple who like red, white and black...perfect.

Which leads me to the last two photos I'm sharing today.


For Valentine's Day our leader handed out appropriate strips for all in attendance to make a McGuffey runner. Her is Marie with her finished runner...quilted with a big heart in the center of each block.


And finally...Marcia's runner.

I'll share the mystery quilts tomorrow...I gotta go!









No comments: