Saturday, December 19, 2020

Cat Drama

 My cat Eli, has a mysterious health issue so that has put a little damper on my creative mojo.


He is doing great with his floppy cone. He can eat, drink water and get around pretty easily. He has two sores on his face he scratched up so this keeps him from doing more damage. He has a rash and we don’t know why. Otherwise...he seems completely normal and his blood work was perfect. Monday we meet with his doctor to reassess. 

I did finish a set of cross stitch snowmen ornaments that were my last official decorating project for 2020.


This set is from Mill Hill, series two of their Snow Charmers kits. I had done series one at least 15 years ago. I joined both series in a display.


I am still hoping...by Christmas...I will finish making bears to sit in the new helicopter and motorcycle stockings I made this year. 


These little bears are pretty challenging to make. I also need to make three for previous stocking finishes. It is not so fun to hang out in my sewing studio when there are so many pretty lights and decorations in the rest of the house! 

I did get my Christmas newsletter written and Christmas cards were mailed yesterday. I managed to also get the last gift bought yesterday. So...despite no quilting...I have been working on other tasks.


This is a normal scene in my sewing studio. Logan, who is the youngest...always seems to be the last in the pecking order so he is resigned to the carpet when the cat takes over one of the dog beds. Don’t feel too bad for him...sometimes he just goes upstairs to the master bedroom and naps on our bed. 

And yes...my cat really is that big. If you haven’t read about him before, he is a 25lb Maine Coon.




6 comments:

Mary said...

My dog developed a rash on the inside of her thigh. She is wearing the cone of shame too. The vet has her on antibiotics and I have to put an ointment on the rash 2x a day. He thinks she may have developed an allergy so she has been tested. Hope everything works out for your dear cat.
Lots of last minute running around here too. I always think I have so much more time to get things done but everything just sneaks up on you.
Have a Merry Christmas.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Poor kitty!! Love your snowmen, I used to do a lot of Mill Hill kits.

Sally said...

Poor Eli...hope they figure out what's wrong. Merry Christmas to you all.

Anonymous said...

I like to call those cones their ‘halo’! I haven’t seen a soft one before ... did you make it?

moosecraft said...

Awww... poor Eli! One of our cats had one of those "mystery rashes". It was all oozy and yucky...vet gave one antibiotic injection and sent her home....in about a week it cleared up. Still don't know what it was. Anyways....LOVE those Mill Hill Snowmen! You already know the answer....decorate your sewing room too!!!!! lol! :-)

Suz J said...

Wow! I have just read back to the first posts about starting your stocking collection and you certainly have been busy over the years! You have an amazing talent, and I'm sure your house looks amazing once you have decorated with all your pieces. Wishing you a merry Xmas and happy new year Debbie 😚😚