Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Innocently Shopping in a Craft Store

 That is how my Bucilla felt kit obsession began.

We were living in San Antonio and a friend and I went on a trip to Garden Ridge Pottery. I think they were a Texas chain of craft stores. HUGE! Two warehouses full of everything. There was a cafe in the middle of the two warehouses to refuel your energy tank. 

I spotted two adorable Western themed stockings...two sons...perfect.


Lots of details on the western Santa stocking that were a fun little challenge. I felt quite accomplished when I finished this stocking

It was several years before I saw another Bucilla stocking kit.

We moved to Alaska and western-themed stockings didn’t seem right.

Enter my discovery of eBay...the ultimate enabler.


These have hung on our mantel place every since.
I made a few repairs two or three years ago...new tabs that were doubled and added cotton linings.

I kept seeing more adorable stocking kits.

And then it happened.

I became a Bucilla kit hoarder!

I have many more kits in my stash than I have finished which will scare you when I next show the many stockings I have actually made. I really need to sale a few on eBay...probably many of the kits I originally bought on eBay. I’m not quite able to let go of them yet.


I went to a double decker display on my large picture windows.


I will have to come up with some ideas for future stockings I make.


And 14 more stockings behind the tree.


I pick my favorites to hang behind the tree.


It certainly makes for a bright and cheery atmosphere.

Hopefully I will stay on task and share more tomorrow. 

5 comments:

Becki said...

Are you in Alaska due to military life? We did an Alaskan tour in 2014 and fell in love with the state. Such unspoiled beauty.
I have made Bucilla kits as well. In our slim days, that's how I decorated the tree for Christmas.
Becki

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so much bright pretty color in your house!! I never got into these kits but I can see way they attracted you

Mary said...

Ebay is definitely a slippery slope.
I have a few kits and fabric set aside to start some patterns I bought. They have been sitting there for awhile and though my taste and style has changed these last years I still can not part with them.
Love how you display all your stockings.

moosecraft said...

Happiness! Yes.... that eBay can encourage a stash for sure! :-)

Ramona said...

How fun! It’s amazing how many different Bucilla designs there have been over the years. I haven’t made nearly as many kits as you have, but love making them. How many ornament kits do you think you’ve made? And then there are the wall hanging kits! Your decorations are just beautiful.