Monday, December 7, 2020

The First Quilted Stockings

 If you have been quilting since the early 1990s...many of the fabrics in my first stockings will look very familiar. I see you nodding your heads...yes...Debbie Mumm fabrics. I tried to collect them all!


I still have her books and a a tub of her fabrics I just can’t part with even though I really don’t think I will make more projects with her now...historical fabrics.

Here’s a fun fact. 
I was a broadcast journalism major in college and my first job was working in sales at the Yakima, Washington, ABC affiliate (1983...really a long time ago!) The weather man was Steve Mumm. Many years later I was reading an article about Debbie Mumm and there was a picture of her husband Steve...the same weatherman Steve! 

I don’t remember ever meeting Debbie Mumm...if only!!!

And the designer of these stocking patterns is also a very well known quilter, Nancy Halvorsen of Art To Heart. I have three tubs of her fabric in my stash and most of her sweet little books. I have at least one quilt top of her fabric and designs in the quilting que plus a UFO.

Hope you enjoyed my Christmas quilt history tour today.

#andsewforth



1 comment:

Terena said...

I don't comment very much, but I have followed you since the Paris days and I wanted to say how I enjoy your blog. I'm looking forward to more 'history' stories as your decorations go up!